Okay, so maybe I use neufchatel rather than regular old cream cheese in this recipe. There's something about wrapping two pieces of bacon around an innocent little chicken breast that makes me want to try to clean the chaos up a little bit.
I know. Why bother, right?
... okay, go ahead. Use the real cream cheese. Be a rebel. I'm sure Paula Deen would approve, y'all.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Print this recipe!
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 oz neufchatel cheese, softened
4 slices center cut bacon
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in large ziplock bag and carefully beat with a meat pounder until 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch thick.
2. In a small bowl, combine neufchatel, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
3. Salt and pepper both sides of each chicken breast. Place half the cheese mixture in the center of one chicken, roll up and wrap with two slices of bacon. Carefully use two toothpicks to hold the seam together. Repeat with other chicken breast.
4. In a nonstick pan on medium heat, add oil and swirl around. Place wrapped chicken in the pan and sear for 4-5 minutes on one side. Flip over and repeat.
5. Move chicken to shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Remove toothpicks. Bake for 30 minutes.